Practice Areas


Having a car accident is an experience nobody wants to go through. And accidents resulting in serious injuries can be traumatic to deal with. While you deal with the healing process, we can get the legal wheels in motion.

Cohen & Marzban helps clients to get compensated for injuries sustained in a car accident. If you or a loved one has been injured in a car crash due to the negligence of another, we stand ready to help you.

We have more than 45 years of experience in personal injury cases. Our Los Angeles car accident attorneys know the law and how to get the best compensation for car accident victims. We don’t get paid unless you get paid.

Play Video

24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week To Schedule an Appointment.

If you’re not able to travel to our office, we are willing to meet with you at your home or hospital to discuss the way forward. We have already recovered over $2 billion for our customers and look forward to assisting you too.

Frequently Asked Questions

What happens if I lose my job due to a car accident?

If you lose your job because the injuries you suffered from a car accident are preventing you from performing your duties, you can seek damages for loss of earnings. This is on the condition that the accident was caused due to the negligence of another.

Can I sue the car company if airbags did not deploy in the accident?

You can sue the car manufacturer if the airbags failed to deploy. You’ll have to prove that they should have deployed but didn’t and that you suffered injuries as a result thereof.

When it rains in California, who’s liable?

Rain can be a dangerous driving hazard. This is often exacerbated due to an oil build-up on road surfaces during dry periods. It creates a “film” on the road that can make it very slippery when it starts raining.

Drivers have a duty to themselves and other road users to drive safely according to road and weather conditions. If you were injured in an accident caused by another driver who failed to exercise caution in the rain, you may have grounds to sue them.

Contact a good auto accident lawyer who specializes in personal injury claims for legal advice.

How are damages evaluated after an auto accident?

Calculating personal injury damages is a lot more difficult than calculating the damage to your car. There are two categories of damages, namely special damages and general damages.

Special damages, also called economic damages, are measurable. It includes things like medical bills and lost wages, including the loss of wages in the future. 

General damages, also called non-economic damages, are intangible losses. It includes things like pain and suffering. Not only what you have already endured but also what you have to endure in the future.

A Los Angeles car accident lawyer who deals with personal injury cases will typically use a formula to evaluate the value of your claim. The two most common formulas are the multiplier method and the per diem method.

With the multiplier method, you add up all special damages and multiply it with a number between 1.5 and 5.

With the per diem method, you request a specific amount of money per day for every day you had to live with the pain and suffering caused by your accident.

What is the statute of limitations for car accidents in California?

In the state of California, the statute of limitations for all personal injury cases is two years as per California Code of Civil Procedure Section 335.1.

What to do after a car accident that’s not your fault?

Call the police and obtain the other driver’s name, address, telephone number, insurance details, and driver’s license information. Write down the make and model of the other car as well as its license plate number. If there are witnesses, ask for their contact information.

If you or a loved one has been injured in the accident, call a personal injury attorney as soon as you have received medical attention. Do not provide the other driver’s insurance company with a statement, written or recorded.

Learn more about what to do if you’ve just been involved in a car accident here.

What to do if the driver responsible for your accident doesn’t have auto insurance?

You can file a compensation claim with your insurance company or a lawsuit against the other driver. 

It’s a good idea to contact an experienced car accident lawyer, especially if you were injured in the accident. Some people will lie about not having insurance. It’s also possible that the other driver was driving someone else’s car with their permission. Your lawyer will be able to advise you on the best course of action.